Brief description of the position
Achieve a return on dealer investment based on department goals for parts inventory. Achieve set goals using means such as appropriate purchasing methods, inventory management, human resource engagement, security, pricing, merchandising, presentation and advertising.
The main duties are listed below, but the incumbent may be assigned to other duties.
• Establish departmental objectives in collaboration with his superior and achieve them.
• Manage the department's annual operating budget.
• Control the reports and the productivity of the sales of his department. Develop and use a computer report tracking lost sales for his department.
• Analyze sales, expense and inventory reports on a monthly basis to ensure profitability targets.
• Manage the wholesale parts program to generate profit.
• Maintain a balanced inventory, in line with the needs of the after-sales service, body shop, wholesale customers and the general public. Control and adjust inventory in order to minimize obsolescence.
• Ensure that the parts inventory corresponds to __6__ bearings per year.
• Collaborate with the after-sales service manager, the bodywork manager and accounting to ensure the efficient rotation of the parts necessary for the execution of the work in-house (workshop).
• Ensure that the same high level of quality of service granted to external customers is also granted to internal customers of the company.
• Deal with customer complaints on the spot, as directed by the dealership and / or general manager.
• Ensure effective communications within his department as well as with other departments. Seek harmony and team spirit with all other services.
Tasks related to purchasing and pricing
• Maintain an efficient inventory management system (special orders, parts returns, rush orders, promotions, seasonal orders).
• Track, calculate and record on a monthly basis the dollar value of urgent orders and the accumulation of losses due to the resulting obsolescence.
• Track, calculate and record the dollar value of non-standard orders and the resulting additional cost of sales on a monthly basis.
• Reduce non-standard orders when a replacement product is available, while taking service level into account.
• Order parts.
• Ensure all orders are stored and recorded as directed.
• Manage parts purchases from sources other than the manufacturer.
• Make sure at all times to find the parts in stock or locate them through various sources (manufacturer, dealer or others).
• Establish pricing parameters that generate gross profits large enough to achieve satisfactory profits for each category of customer.
• Maintain the parts price list.
Tasks related to administrative follow-up
• Track and control invoices, accounts receivable, claims and credits to verify accuracy.
• Make sure all parts are labeled correctly so that the dealer can receive full credits from the builder.
• Ensure that credits are given for returned parts.
• Manage parts returns and subtract them from inventory when credits are granted.
• Keep track of the parts to be replaced (under warranty) and the parts to be returned according to the manufacturer's requirements.
• Reconcile the inventory and send a copy to the accounting department at the end of the month.
• Provide the accounting department with information relating to the appreciation and depreciation at the end of the month.
• Provide the accounting department with information relating to complaints in good time in order to establish the list of customer accounts.
• Manage shipping and receiving activities to ensure timely processing.
• Establish and enforce preventive measures against theft in the parts department.
• Manage the annual parts inventory.
Tasks related to human resources management
• Carry out formal performance evaluations of the human resources under his responsibility at fixed intervals.
• Train and motivate the team under his responsibility and participate in its hiring in collaboration with his superior.
• Encourage teamwork in a customer-focused sales environment throughout the sales, delivery and follow-up process.
• Participate in the management of the building as directed by management.
• Participate in directors' meetings.
• Replace parts clerks as needed.
• Present yourself in a professional manner.
• Perform other duties as required and directed by management.
Benefits and Renumeration Package
· Full group plan
· Salary + bonus based on experience and results